Stop! Before you start making resolutions and goals for 2018, I encourage you to pause to reflect on what lessons 2017 has held for you. Why? So you don’t re-live 2017 in 2018. Here are some questions to assist you as you reflect on 2017:
- What are three things that went well this past year?
- How did you change or grow as a human this past year?
- What do you wish had been different?
- How is your relationship with your spouse or partner?
- How is your relationship with your children?
- How do you feel after spending time your parents? With your close friends?
- Think of your relationship with money: Are you spending within your means? What feelings do you have when you think of your finances?
- Think of your relationship with time: Do your schedule your day? Do you stick to your schedule (do what you say you’re going to do)?
- How is your relationship with your health and wellness? What is important to you? How do you want to feel physically? How do you treat your body? What is important to you?
- How well do you take care of your inner self? How do you want to feel emotionally? How often did you feel that way this past year?
Take 10-15 minutes to write out the responses to the questions above. What do you want more of? What do you want less of? The experiences you had this past year happened for a reason. Give yourself the gift of reflecting on your past year so as to learn that lesson.
If you don’t get the weekly Warrior Wellness Newsletter, sign up now. I keep it short and to the point, full of tips to help you live a life you love, nothing more. We’re in this together, dear warrior!