Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | RSS | More
Take Your Sexy Back with Dr. Alexandra Solomon
Learn how to take your sexy back with Dr. Alexandra Solomon. She is on the show to discuss why we, as busy women in our midlife, would want to take our sexy back. This is an important episode to set us up for our best physical and mental health as we age.
Dr. Solomon is a licensed clinical psychologist and an assistant professor at Northwestern University. She is the author of Taking Sexy Back: How to Own Your Sexuality and Create the Relationships You Want and Loving Bravely: Twenty Lessons of Self-Discovery to Help You Get the Love You Want. She writes a column for Psychology Today and is frequently asked to talk about love, sex, and marriage with media outlets including The Today Show, O Magazine, The Atlantic, Vogue, and Scientific American and now the Love Your Life Show!
Listen in to Dr. Alexandra and Taking Your Sexy Back:
We dive into it all, including:
- What is relational self awareness?
- How sexy can be a noun
- How patriarchy and our sex education affects girls and boys.
- How to tell if you’ve split from your sexuality? (And how to repair)
- Main lessons from her popular 101 Marriage Class at Northwestern
- A specific tool to help us be less reactive, more proactive in our relationships.
- How to move out of resentment into connection. Even if you’ve been married forever….
Taking Your Sexy Back by Dr. Alexandra Solomon
Loving Bravely by Dr. Alexandra Solomon
Come as You Are by Emily Nagoski’s
She Comes First (the book I gift all men in my life) by Ian Kerner
Where to Find Dr. Alexandra Solomon
Taking Your Sexy Back with Dr. Alexandra Solomon’s Website
Dr. Alexandra Solomon on Instagram