Codependent Perfectionist Parenting with Alana Carvalho
What is a Codependent Perfectionist?
Alana defines codependency as a relational and emotional enmeshment that can play out in a number of our relationships, including friendships, family dynamics or romantic relationships. She defines perfectionism as is a person’s unrealistic expectations for oneself that can be seen in a variety of areas of her life, including parenting, friendships, work, and body image.
Further, she makes the case that codependency and perfectionism are pervasive in our culture and love to live as a pair. Anyone else wondering if they are living as a pair in your family unit or relationships? As someone who knows with certainty that they were, I was thrilled to have this conversation on codependent perfectionism with Alana.
Listen in to learn more about Codependent Perfectionist Parenting
- What is a codependent perfectionist?
- How does perfectionism show up in parenting?
- Why do many of us think we’re not perfectionists? (myself included!)
- How does codependency show when we are parenting?
- What does codependent behavior look like in our kids?
- How does codependency affect our kids?
- Are there ways to shift out of codependent perfectionist parenting?
Connect with Alana Here: