Parenting and the Empty Nest with Christine Oakfield
Christine is an empty nest coach who guides mothers who are nervous about the empty nest ahead. She takes them from freaking out about it to feeling freaking awesome. It is her passion to work with mothers of high school students (and beyond) who are in the trenches with sad and possibly overwhelming thoughts about what life will look like when their “baby” heads to college and begins to leave the nest. Her clients’ big question: What will I do with my time?
Coach Christine is fulfilling her purpose by empowering these amazing women in writing the next jaw-dropping amazing chapter of their life. Energized by leading their process of exploration, Christine is thrilled when her clients unlock the power that lies within them.
Through her quest to improve her personal experience, she discovered a joy in encouraging others through the same transition. Now the lively host and producer of the Your Empty Nest Coach podcast and the creator of the 30-Day Challenge to Empty Nest Success, she helps parents to go from freaking out about the empty nest years to feeling freaking awesome.
Coach Christine assists others through her podcast, social media accounts, resources in the Empty Nest Success online home, and personalized coaching. She provides coaching on becoming the C.E.O. (Conscious Effective Olympian™) of your life while including sprinkles of analogies, positivity, purpose, and a delightful sense of humor.
Listen in to the Parenting and the Empty Nest episode
We have a robust conversation on a whole bunch of topics that you are sure to find something here for you that will impact you in your life, no matter where you are on your journey.
- The importance of our mindset with regard to parenting and the empty nest
- Learn about Christine’s metaphor with a house and how learning about her fence will help you
- Learn what to do before your child leaves to set yourself and your child up for success.
- We look at how important it is to have group support so that you don’t use your child as your therapist. They’re not.
- The dangers of Overparenting and helicopter parenting for you and your kid
- The importance of taking care of yourself and modeling your own self-care
- and much more!
Warriors, I find it just comes down to two things.
- Letting yourself have the experience you’re having. Letting yourself feel what you’re feeling without judgment of yourself.
- And paired with, you be you. The more we dig into finding out who we are, what supports us, what lights us up, what desires we have, who we are as a person, the better it serves everyone and including your children.
Learn more about the articles that Christine has written that I found helpful :
Find and Connect with Christine here:
⭐️Get on the waitlist for the LOVE YOUR LIFE SCHOOL! Opening FALL 2023! https://www.SMBWELL.COM/LIFESCHOOL
⭐️Are we friends on Instagram? Let’s catch up! https://instagram.com/smb.wellness
⭐️Want to talk about this episode in private with some amazing women just like you? Join the Midlife Warrior Membership today! https://smbwell.com/membership 💙💙
⭐️Show Notes Here: https://smbwell.com/261
⭐️Grab some of my favorite products here: https://amazon.com/shop/smbwell
⭐️For the price of a coffee, Support Susie and the Love Your Life Show: https://patreon.com/susiepettit
⭐️Have a teen in the house? Learn the basics to support your changing child here: https://smbwell.com/parenting
⭐️Want a life coach? If I have room in my calendar, I’d be honored to be yours! https://smb.as.me
⭐️Do you get my weekly Wednesday email? I’m starting a new section: WHAT WARRIORS ARE READING. Come join the fun! http://bit.ly/2gYQMlA
⭐️I’ve been sharing videos of my life in Australia on Facebook – I’d love to be friends with you there too! https://facebook.com/strength.mindandbody